Friday, September 11, 2009

I am back

Hey everyone!

It is time for me to start writing on my blog again so here I am and let me tell you a lot has changed.

First off I have made some big time life decisions. The biggest of which is to go to college.
Some of you might know my history with school and how difficult H.S. was for me and how adamant I have been to not ever go to school. I am now through 3 weeks of classes and I must say how much fun school is. I would go into why I decided after 7 years of being out of H.S. why I went back but the truth is, I am not sure even I know. I just felt like it was the right thing to do and now here I am a college student.

This means me and 3 of my siblings will all be in college at the same time which is pretty impressive. I am not sure what my goals in school are yet but I am pretty certain I will be going for a while now. I am taking English Composition and Creative Writing and I am enjoying both classes. The biggest reason I do know that I am going to class is the fact that I want to be a writer.

This doesn't mean I will or even want to become a best selling author but it does mean I want to pursue getting better at something I am very passionate about. The best way for me to become a stronger writer is to do lots of reading and writing. Adding some school can only benefit me in the end I believe so here I am.

I have been really busy with school, work and all of the little other things that creep up in your life, like watching the Rockies' quest for the pennant, GO ROCKIES! So I think I may try and use this blog to talk about what is going on in my life and what interesting things have happened to me recently.

A couple of things that have happened in the last couple of weeks are worth noting.

At work I had a girl crash her motorcycle in our parking lot at 1am and I was one of the people who ended up helping this girl who was injured after striking a light post in our lot, without wearing a helmet or jacket and then got up and tried to run after being tossed from the bike. It was a pretty traumatic event and I was pretty messed up from it for a week or so later but I feel like I am fully recovered and have been able to move on just fine now, after finding out that she was just fine after being treated at the hospital.

I have been doing lots of writing and I have created my first two original works for my classes. The one I am most proud of is a personal essay titled "So...Funny Story" I wrote describing a family incident just before Thanksgiving a few years ago. I feel really good about it, especially after I have had friends and family help me edit it and gave me feedback on content and flow. I think that I really have what it takes to be successful in writing, whatever that may be, I do not know yet but I am certainly going to try my best.

Work has settled a bit over the last month or so, and I am pretty relieved. The stress from all of that was pretty damned taxing on me and that did not help my writing or my emotional health. So great news there.

Unfortunately my grandmother's dog passed away yesterday. Losing pets is always a difficult situation for anyone but this is harder than most. Her dog has been with her for more than ten years as her service dog, because my grandmother has been confined to a wheelchair. I have not been a big fan of pets especially dogs but this wonderful animal has been my grandmother's closest companion and friend for a long time and I have been so thankful that there has been someone there to help my grandmother in everyday life. I do not look at Chassi as just a dog but as a member of the family, someone who has worked hard and been so important to someone that is extremely important to me. I just wish that I could have thanked the sweetest dog ever, for all that she did for my grandma and for me. That dog may very well have saved my life back in 1999 and I never got to thank her for that either. May her soul rest and find happiness where she can have all the treats she wants and can jump around lucious fields of grass and have all the tummy rubbing she can stand, you deserve so much for all that you did, thank you Chassi.

I hope everyone else is well and drop me a line on facebook if you haven't already.

Take care everyone, cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment